Pain management is one of the most important aspects of veterinary medicine to improve our patient’s quality of life. Whether dealing with acute pain related to trauma or surgery versus more chronic pain associated with arthritis, animals experience pain and need appropriate intervention. We provide an integrative approach to managing pain that includes varying modalities as well as pharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals to provide a plan that is specific to our patient as well as our client.
- Diagnose and treat the source of pain.
- Offer multimodal interventional treatment options.
- Improve function and sustain quality of life.
- Promote healthy activities and preventative care.
- Return patients to the most functional and productive lifestyle possible.
- Treat noninvasively as much as possible.
We utilize a combination of multimodal medical management in addition to the modalities listed below to achieve our pain management goals. Prescription medications may be necessary such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs), steroidal anti-inflammatories, opiods, and neuromodulators. There are also numerous beneficial nutraceuticals such as diet/nutrition, omega-3 fatty acids (fish oils), glucosamine/chondroitin joint supplements, and antioxidants such as vitamin E to name a few. A specific cartilage protectant that improves joint fluid health, called Adequan, is instrumental in many of our cases.
PHYSICAL REHABILITATION MODALITIES: