- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Animal Rehabilitation at PAWS Integrative Veterinary Center encompasses physical therapy as well as sports medicine for animals.
CANDIDATES FOR PHYSICAL REHABILITATION INCLUDES DOGS AND CATS WITH:
• Degenerative Neurologic Conditions
• Herniated Discs
• Gait Abnormalities
• Post-surgical orthopedic or neurologic problems such as:
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament Surgery
- Fracture Repair
- Patellar Luxation
- Spinal Surgery
• Muscle injuries, sprains and strains
• Senior pets to improve function and quality of life
• Obesity or weight loss programs
• Conditioning for performance competitors
• Conformational abnormalities
We assess your dog or cat’s entire body for changes such as pain, limping, swelling, reduced range of motion, reduced muscle mass, muscle strains or trigger points, and balance and proprioceptive abilities. After our evaluation, we use a variety of specific therapeutic exercises and modalities to improve function and promote healing, including: assisted hydrotherapy in our heated underwater treadmill, land therapeutic exercises, massage, thermotherapy, cryotherapy, acupuncture, laser, electrical stimulation, traditional and alternative medications, supplementation, and proper weight management with nutrition to accomplish our goals. We also assess athletes, such as agility and hunting dogs, to create individualized programs to help them perform at their peak.
• Reduce pain.
• Improve balance, proprioception, and muscular strength.
• Increase joint flexibility, function, and range of motion.
• Restore mobility and function through gait retraining.
• Improve cardiovascular and respiratory endurance.
• Improve muscle memory to reduce muscle atrophy and/or nerve damage.
• Accelerate healing and expedite recovery after surgery or illness.
• Maximize core-conditioning for athletes.
• Enhance weight loss.
• Encourage positive behavior.
• Improve the overall health and quality of life for your dog or cat.
In addition to evaluations and programs in our hospital, we encourage you to follow through with a home exercise program developed specifically for your pet. We welcome you to be with your pet during their session; we also have the ability to board your dog for the day or week for your convenience.
OUR GOALS FOR REHABILITATION AT PAWS:
What can we help you find?